Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Which hair straightners are best (Remington or Babyliss?) Thin or thick?

Hi, I'm from the UK and want some hair straighteners. I have heard so much debate about which ones are the best, and am not sure! I have researched which ones I like, and they are made by Remington or Babyliss. There are also ones made by Philips for Tresseme which look good. Many people say that GHD are the best, but I can't afford them and my mum was shocked at the price so I don't think i'll be able to get any for Christmas either.


Can people who have the Babyliss Pro 230 Elegance (the gold one), Babyliss 2085U Pro OR any of the Remington Professional ones like (Straight in a stroke or Damage Defence (S9000) or Protect and Shine Pro Slim 230 Ceramic (S2014), or Wet 2 Straight thin or wide) tell me which of these is the best? Also I think it depends on my hairtype. I have about shoulder length thin hair but lots of it! I think for thin hair it is better to get the thin straighteners, but it will take longer. With thick ones it will be quicker? What does everyone think? Many Thanks!Which hair straightners are best (Remington or Babyliss?) Thin or thick?
I haven't any experience of either of those brands, but I would recommend thin ones. I have similar hair to you, and find that they are a lot easier to control. I had thick ones before, but it was very difficult to manouvre them, especially around the back of the head. Because of this, I find thin ones a lot quicker. You can also use thin ones to put kinks and loose curls in your hair, with practise!





I have the Nicky Clarke tourmaline straighteners that are in argos for about 拢40, and have been very impressed with them, they work very well for the price. If you really want the GHD's though, why not see if you can get them as an early christmas present.Which hair straightners are best (Remington or Babyliss?) Thin or thick?
I have recently bought Babyliss Freedom straighteners for 拢32 from Littlewoods catalogue (they were on offer but were 拢52 originally). They heat up to 230 degrees, have a really long lead and a base so that you can move around if your socket is a long way from your mirror. I'm getting along really well with them. I had Remington before but they were a few years old so didn't get up to the heat that most do now. Couldn't really fault them except for the heat.
Remington (Slim) every time. I have had Babyliss before, did not rate them.
The best hair straightner i think is the ghd. Deffinitly worth the price. My first straightner was a Remington and lasted about 8months before my hair just started kinking instead of straightening and it just wouldnt last and would take my long thick hair 1hr and 30mins instead of 1hr that it usually would have taken. So I decided to splurge out and buy a ghd. I'll tell you that its the best thing i invested in. My hair will go straight almost straightaway, frizzy hair and fly aways are gone and it will last without going kinky. Also it cut my straightening time down from 1hr to 45mins. So deffinitly worth it. Maybe you could suggest going halfs with the price of it with your mum?! its deffinitly worth it. the Wet 2 Straight one is bad because using a heat around 180 degrees plus is TERRIBLE for your hair. I've heard that Babyliss are pretty good as well.
get remington its the best i have it !
Remington are the best by far, Babyliss break all the time and they are not as hot when heated!
Like the questioner I am buying straighteners. I think I am going to buy the Remington Pro Slim Ceramic 230 (S2014) unless anyone can tell me different. I think that the tin ones must be easier to use!!

No comments:

Post a Comment